Over at Lauren DeStefano’s blog, she’s having a giveaway for ARCs of the first two books in her Chemical Garden Trilogy! Now, this is special because book two, Fever, isn’t out yet. It doesn’t even have a cover image yet! (Hence Lauren’s lovely artist’s rendering in the photo.)
I absolutely loved Wither, which is the story of a girl named Rhine who is kidnapped and forced into a polygamous marriage at just 16. In this world, men only live to 25 and women to 20, so they’re expected to get married young and start popping out babies until they find a cure that will make people live full lives again. It’s a really fascinating, dark, seedy world, but Rhine is such a bold character, and I love how she struggles to escape but also forges a strong bond with her sister-wives. You can read my full review of Wither here.
If you want to enter the giveaway, visit Lauren’s blog here to find out how.
Hi, everyone! I want to apologize for the lack of new content over the past month. I’ve been reading a lot of non-YA books as well as stressing about some Real Adult Decisions. I plan to have a new review up this afternoon and at least one other post over the weekend, and then hopefully I’ll be back to regular posting.
Oh, and what do you think of the new layout? I’m still tweaking it a little bit, but I like it so far. If you have any feedback, feel free to let me know in the comments.
Rue looks absolutely precious! I am pleased with this casting, although I still wish they had been willing to cast some people of color and unknown actors in some of the bigger roles.
via Inside Movies
Very sad news today: author Diana Wynne Jones has passed away at age 77. I grew up reading her books and falling in love with the magical worlds she created. Remember her by re-reading one of her classic YA fantasy novels this weekend!
Beth Revis, author of Across The Universe, is giving away signed copies of these five books! I’ve only read two of them so far, but luckily, Beth has provided great reasons why you should read each one:
- THE ETERNAL ONES by Kiersten Miller is a fast-paced, adventurious love story that involves reincarnation, secret societies, and fire.
- THE REPLACEMENT by Brenna Yovanoff is a hauntingly beautiful book that scares the pants off me.
- NIGHTSHADE by Andrea Cremer is not about werewolves–it’s about true wolves that can shapeshift into people written by a brilliant scholar who incorporate history into the tale.
- MATCHED by Allie Condie shows us that love can break through any barrier, and the most important thing is to not go gently…
- ACROSS THE UNIVERSE is the book that I wrote and I would really like it if you liked it. Also I think you’re pretty and want to be friends with you.
Head over to Beth’s blog to find out how you can enter!